Saturday 15 July 2017

As You See It 154 - DT Card

Welcome to another As You See It Challenge. Today we've got a sketch for you and I can't wait to see how you see it. I found the asymmetry of the panel a bit tricky to get looking right, so much so that I wished I'd ignored it and done a curve!


I did enjoy getting out Happy Birthday Gorgeous from the new annual catalogue. It's got some great birthday greetings and some lovely balloons that I've used a few times but I'd largely ignored the many little floral bits and bobs that come with it.


So I used the little stylised flowers, stamping the outline in Fresh Fig and stamping the filler in Powder Pink. Then I had a choice of four different leaves but settled for these simple little ones in Garden Green for the base layer.


Then to decorate the top panel, I used the larger of two roses and a pair of other leaves. The rose was originally Fresh Fig on white but when I got out the Wink of Stella, the ink smeared a bit to give this very pale pink.

It doesn't really show up in the picture but there are a pair of score lines across the very top of the pink panel, just to add a bit of interest. I'd originally intended to use the 'Happy Birthday' on the inside but I've actually left it blank because it seemed to me that 'It's Your Day' could cover many things.


You have two weeks to show us how you see this sketch and we'd love to see what you do!
Please join us.

Ingredients
Card: Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, Whisper White
Stamps: Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Ink: Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, Garden Green
Other: dimensional, clear Wink of Stella, scoring blade







2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the asymmetry of the sketch! I love how you created your own background with the small flower images!

    ReplyDelete