Tuesday 28 March 2017

Retro Rubber Challenge 59 - DT card

Welcome to the new challenge at Retro Rubber. I was blown away by the number and quality of the entries in the last Anything Goes challenge. It was a hard choice to pick the top cards.

This week, we've got a sketch to get your creative juices flowing. As always the only requirements are that you use stamps that are at least a year old, you tell us how old they are and don't link up to more than ten challenges in total.


Isn't angled panel exciting?! For me, summer is becoming a memory and autumn is taking hold so this card is a last salute to the colours of summer.


Summer Silhouettes (AC 2012-13) is one of my favourite sets so I was happy to ink it up again. Papillon Potpourri (AC 2012-13) was one of the first sets I ever got - I convinced my children that it was the perfect Christmas present!


This picture shows the sponged and embossed background well. I used a technique I learned from my fellow demonstrator, Carole. I embossed a piece of greaseproof paper with the Softly Falling embossing folder. Then I ironed it the greaseproof to a piece of card. The pattern transferred and showed up when sponged. It makes such a pretty background to stamp over and is so very easy to do. Some of the centres of the Calypso Coral flowers have been highlighted with a silver gel pen.


The credit for these beautiful colours goes to the Fab Friday Challenge, so I'm going to enter this card at their challenge too.




You have until April 7 to show us your take on this lovely sketch and we'd love to see what you do with it.

Ingredients
Card: Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron, Whisper White. So Saffron, greaseproof paper
Stamps: Summer Silhouettes, Papillon Potpourri, A Dozen Thoughts (AC2013-14)
Ink: Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Peekaboo Peach, Mint Macaron, Tuxedo Black
Other: Softly Falling embossing folder, Calypso Coral baker's twine, dimensionals, sponges, Bitty Butterfly punch, rhinestones






10 comments:

  1. This is SO lovely! I so loved this stamp set - and you used my favorite image in it, too, lol. So reminds me of Queen Anne's lace! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jan! This card has so much lovely detail that I don't know where to start! Ok... technique is new to me and I want to try it!! The stamp set is one of my favorites too! Debbie tried to get me to sell it but I could not part with it. The sponging is wonderful... last summer days brilliantly showcased. Fantastic card, teammate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jan: Yes!! you are close to Autumn and us up here, it's suppose to be Spring but, even if it's officially here, still cold, gray and damp.
    Love your card, fabulous take on the RETRO RUBBER Sketch challenge and the color challenge too, love the background you created with this awesome technique, never heard of it so I'm going to investigate and the images you stamped are just lovely.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are simply lovely! Such a beautiful design with the decorative cord and butterfly! But I must ask, what is grease proof paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neva, I'm not sure what it's called on your side of the world or even if you have it. Here, you buy it in the supermarket along by the gladwrap, tinfoil and plastic bags. It's a paper for wrapping sandwiches or leftovers or lining cake tins. It's kind of like baking paper or freezer paper but is not either of those things. It's almost waxy on one side.

      Delete
  5. I love your card, Jan! The combination of the colors with the wonderful texture that you made takes this card over the top! I will have to try to find a tutorial to see how that technique is done. Perfect card, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is stunning! I love the way that your background turned out and your design is perfect with the color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! That background technique is amazing and totally being tried out by me this weekend. I love your card, the stamping over the sponged background is lovely and it all feels really soft. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning color combo, elements and design! The silver pen is genius! I would frame this beauty! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so pretty and thank you for sharing how you made that gorgeous background paper

    ReplyDelete