Sunday 11 December 2016

SIP 77

I was feeling well over making Christmas cards, so it was very exciting that the courier arrived yesterday afternoon with my box of Stampin' Up pre-order: it was a long wait from pre-order day!

It was doubly exciting because this is one of the few times I've ever had a pre-order and I'm really pleased that I could use something for the challenge at Stamp, Ink, Paper because I just love this sketch.


I'm glad the Lift Me Up set, which will be available after 4 January, is rubber rather than photopolymer as I find it so much easier to multi-colour a rubber stamp. And those gorgeous balloons were just begging to be coloured!


The small balloon I coloured, stamped then masked off. Then I placed the large circle mask, sponged it over with Soft Sky then used a scallop-edge circle to sponge on Marina Mist to create the cloud effect. The big balloon is popped up on dimensionals.


I've showed you the inside so you can see the other half of the birthday sentiment. I masked the stamp so it could be stamped in two halves.


So, I'm very happy with this masculine (but not exclusively masculine) card and am keen now to get back to my room and explore that big, brown Stampin' Up box some more!

Update: So delighted to be a Top Pick at Stamp, Ink, Paper!
Ingredients
Card: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Carried Away DSP (available in Sale-a-bration)
Stamps: Lift Me Up
Inks: Night of Navy, Soft Sky, Marina Mist
Other: Up & Away thinlits,  Stamp'n'Write markers: Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Peekaboo Peach, sponges, dimensionals, scallop circle punch, circle framelits


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I've seen a lot of cards made using the Lift Me Up stamp set, and this is absolutely my favorite card I've seen yet with these adorable hot air balloons. I just love the inked cloud background, the strip of DSP, and the gorgeous color on the balloons. Thanks for sharing this amazingly inspiring card! (I can't wait until Jan 4th when I can order this for myself!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie, for such an enthusiastic and kind comment.

      Delete